Rants-With some raves thrown in for good measure

Random thoughts about life in general.

Monday, February 01, 2010

It's nice, but not good.

I'm sick of people looking at my unemployment as something "good" just because I now get to stay at home with my daughter.

I believe it's nice I get stay home with my daughter, but it isn't a good thing.

Because of my unemployment, I worry all the time. I'm not the worrier in my family. That would be my husband. Now my daughter is stuck with two worriers. That can't be good.

I no longer have health insurance. If I get sick, it will probably bankrupt us. That can't be good.

My self-esteem has taken a hit because I've been unemployed for so long. That can't be good.

Once I lose unemployment compensation, which is soon, and I cannot find a job soonthereafter, we may have to dip into savings. That can't be good.

I will have to go back to working part-time in retail if I can't find a job in my field. I was not a very happy person when I worked in retail. I also didn't work regular hours in retail. That can't be good.

If my husband and I could afford me to be a stay-at-home mom, we would do it. But the fact is that we really can't. So although it's nice being with my daughter, it's not a good thing.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home