Rants-With some raves thrown in for good measure

Random thoughts about life in general.

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Polo shirt, dress shorts and....

I don't have many issues when it comes to what people are wearing to church. As long as it's clean and presentable and isn't too terribly casual, I'm okay with it. So short shorts and tank tops are out, but I'm okay with a pair of jeans and a nice top.

Today I saw a man walk into church wearing something that seemed okay: A polo shirt and dress shorts. Then I saw his shoes: Crocs. The guy was wearing Crocs to church.

I have issues to begin with when it comes to Crocs. They are, by far, one of the ugliest shoe fashions ever invented. I guess they might be comfortable for some people. But that doesn't hide the fact that they are ugly.

And they are definitely inappropriate for church. They are up there with plain old flip flops. You know, dollar store beach flip flops, not the cute ones that are prettied up with beads, embroidery and flowers.

Crocs are for sitting on your boat going fishing and walking on the boardwalk at the beach. They're even okay for those who wait tables. They're a vacation shoe. They're an okay work shoe (although they're starting to be banned in some places as a work shoe). They're not for church.

That's my rant for the day. Don't even get me started on how stupid the Crocs looked with his polo shirt and belted dress pants.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home