Rants-With some raves thrown in for good measure

Random thoughts about life in general.

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Job searching

I'm growing weary of the job search, but I keep plugging away. A couple of years ago, I would've already gotten a job. There is just too much competition.

And phone interviews....

I hate phone interviews....

I've never had to do more phone interviews in my life. I know it's a screening to weed out all the resumes before bringing in people for actual interviews, but I hate it. I don't like not being able to read the person to whom I'm talking.

I'm still looking.

The plan is to continue looking. My husband and I are doing some pro bono work for a couple of places. He's designing Web sites. I'm writing content. It's resume material. Once my daughter is weaned, I'm going to start doing some volunteer work to get myself out of the house. I know a couple organizations that are always looking for help with public relations and events. My cousin has offered to take me to a networking group with which she's involved. Maybe it's finally time to be my own boss.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 7:06 PM, Blogger Amanda Blu said…

    Volunteer work is great. And employers like to see that, even in this tough economy, people are still giving back. I am cheering you on my friend. When we both land sweet jobs we'll have to go out and celebrate with a cocktail.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home