Rants-With some raves thrown in for good measure

Random thoughts about life in general.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A note on reaching me.

Why do hiring managers insist on calling cell phones? I list my home phone number as my primary number for a reason. I don't get very good cell phone service in my house, and I don't carry my cell phone with me around the house. So I don't always hear when it rings. And I'm at home at least 80 percent or more of my waking day. And when I'm at home, I tend not to check my cell. Not on purpose. It just slips my mind to check it.

So, if you want to reach me, e-mail is best. But if you want to actually talk to me, try my home phone first. If I don't answer, leave a message then try the cell. Chances are I'm at home but changing a diaper or making a meal or doing some chore. I can hear that phone ring. We have phones upstairs and downstairs. I will check the caller ID. I will check the answering machine. I'll call you right back. If I'm not at home, then my cell is then on me, and I'll answer.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home