Rants-With some raves thrown in for good measure

Random thoughts about life in general.

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Goodbye 2006

Goodbye 2006. You were uneventful. (Except for the whole think with my grandmother being ill and dying on Christmas Eve.)

Hello 2007. I hope you will be more eventful. I turn 30 this year, and I should receive my master's degree. So at least there are two things.

I don't make resolutions, but I'm going to do my best to try to be a little less cynical in my old age.

Before I do that, I want to go into my last rant of the year: I hope that people I know will be better at making and returning phone calls and e-mails in the new year.

I once had a friend who would say, "The phone works both ways." I hated when she said that because I and others were the ones making all the phone calls; she would just never pick up the phone herself. She made herself into a hypocrite.

It seems as though more and more people have gotten to be just like this friend. Because I have less and less contact with people who I once considered my friends, I feel it has made me more and more cynical and negative about everyone and everything. I hate that; I want to be a good person.

Every so often I feel like cutting these people who so obviously don't care out of my life, but I'm just not able to do it. Although I'm relatively happy just having my husband as my only friend, I guess I don't want to become completely antisocial.

That is all. I wish all of you and yours a wonderful 2007.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home