Rants-With some raves thrown in for good measure

Random thoughts about life in general.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Avon Instant Manicure

I bought Avon's Instant Manicure on sale for $4.99 (regularly $8.99) and thought I would tell you all about it here. The kit comes with 16 strips of adhesive "stickers" of enamel nail color. It's pretty easy to apply to nails, but tearing at the ends can leave some chips.

Avon claims the manicure can last up to 14 days. By day 5, the paint was chipping, but didn't look too bad. I'm now at day 11. The paint looks pretty bad. I'm planning on taking it off as soon as I can. It is supposed to come off with nail polish remover. We will see. (12/21 - It came off as easily as regular nail polish.)

So, in my opinion, Instant Manicure is good for about a week, about half of what Avon claims. Maybe it would have lasted longer if I did nothing with my hands, but I'm not a pampered rich girl.

I would say give this stuff a try if you want to do your nails for a party or something that comes up short notice, but don't have a lot of time to let the polish dry. Otherwise, do it the old-fashioned way by buying a bottle of enamel and brushing it on yourself. Or go have it done at a manicure place. It will last almost as long and is a better price in the long run.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home