Rants-With some raves thrown in for good measure

Random thoughts about life in general.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

It's not a black and white issue....

Just because I mention African poverty and a poor educational system being much of the reason behind low life expectancy and poor decisions (including war and the high rate of HIV and other diseases) in Africa does not mean that I am a racist. Some people need to get over it. I am stating proven facts. I'm not talking black, white or arab. I'm talking Africa in general.

And I'm not saying that United States doesn't have some of the same problems, because it does. It just happens to be more widespread on the African continent.

And if you are going to say that I would give an American example being a primarily black, inner-city neighborhood, that would only be partially true. I also would like to point out primarily white, rural areas have a lot of the same problems. Suburbia seems to be the only area that escapes a lot of these types of problems...no matter who lives there. Not that there are not problems in suburbia, they just are not as widespread.

Poverty and poor education is not a black and white issue, it's a global issue, involving everyone!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home