Rants-With some raves thrown in for good measure

Random thoughts about life in general.

Friday, July 14, 2006

Smoking Bans

All right, I have had a lot on my mind the past couple days.

Allegheny County (the county in PA in which Pittsburgh is located) is thinking about enacting a smoking ban in workplaces, including bars and restaurants.

Good. Maybe I'd enjoy going to some places better and would go more often if they were smoke-free.

Unfortunately, we have some whiners (bar owners mostly) who say they are going to lose business. That is such a false argument. Talk to business owners in New York City. Talk to those in Ireland. They haven't lost business. In fact, some have actually gained some business. Non-smokers are coming back! And you know there are more non-smokers out there than smokers.

I can't stand smokey establishments, it bothers my eyes and makes everything I wear and carry stink, not to mention my hair and skin. I'd love everything to be smoke-free just for those reasons alone, let alone the health reasons.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home