Rants-With some raves thrown in for good measure

Random thoughts about life in general.

Friday, June 13, 2008

Sleeping Problems

So, in my last post I revealed that I'm pregnant. I'm in my sixth month, and all is well. The only issue I've been dealing with lately is back pain when I sleep. And I, unlike most pregnant women who get pain in their lower back, my pain is in my mid-to-upper back. So there is little to no information on how to deal with it.

Now here's the rant:
Everyone with kids keeps telling me to sleep as much as I can while I can. Fine. Understandable. I tell them I'm not sleeping all that well, I'm having a lot of back pain when I sleep. Then they say, "Oh, it's just a way to get you ready for the baby!"

That gets to me. Yeah, I'll have to get up in the middle of the night quite a bit for the baby, but the difference between that and right now is the pain. At least when I get up for the baby, I'm not in pain, and I'll be able to go back to sleep after I take care of the baby. Right now, I'm just not able to sleep more than four hours a night on average because I'm in pain! It's a different kind of tired. It's not like getting up three times a night to pee. Maybe getting up three times a night to pee gets you ready for the baby, but not sleeping because of pain certainly does not. I'm sure there are other pregnant women out there that understand. And I hope those who may read this that have said something so stupid as "It gets you ready for the baby." really will think before they speak.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home